Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

MIRACLE OF PRAYER


Not too long ago, my friends asked me to pray for a dying loved one. Their relative was suffering from stage five bone cancer. When I asked what they wanted me to pray for, they both emphatically said, "Please pray that this person will live and be completely healed."

We spoke for a long time thereafter about human quality of life, the many documented miraculous healings that can and do happen, and..... death. Apparently for these people in our Western society, the inevitable area of life was so difficult to conceive, it was shunted away. They would only deal with it because now there was no other choice. My friends were distraught at the idea of discussing her death, although it was breathing down the entire family's necks. With all due respect to whatever a person's belief system is, we will all eventually face our mortality.

After a bit more discussion I was able to help them see another, kinder way to pray. Instead of having me ask for their mother to live and be completely healed, they decided to respect her repeated wishes, and what she wanted. Their mom wanted out! Her surviving family rewrote our mutual prayer agreement to read, "Dear God, I ask YOU for the right and perfect outcome in YOUR Wise EYES for our cherished Mother."

Literally within hours of revamping their intense thoughts, the gravely ill woman passed in her sleep with a look of peace on her tortured face. She had been heavily medicated for the agony. With all the time that transpired in their mental and physical anguish, no one had been giving thought and prayer to letting go. Keeping a suffering person feeling guilty about crossing over while in a broken body.... and constantly begging them to live, makes their transition all the more difficult for everyone concerned.

A month went by and I received a poignant letter from my friends. The miracle of heartfelt prayer allowed them to give up on the choke-hold they held in their thoughts. Both of them agreed they were inadvertantly making her feel guilty about leaving them, and in effect, thwarting their mother's well-being. Dear Readers, tell me how you personally feel about this tender subject?
Reprinted with permission by author, Dr. InaNorma Yanez, CH.t, from The Arizona Networking News
Lenny from Michigan said...
While reading your Miracle of Prayer article I wept. Yes Dr. Yanez, my family acted just like this with our father. We couldn't stand to be without him and begged a dying man to live in misery, just to have him around us longer. We would never do that again. Thank you for confirming what we learned the hard way.

Joy wrote: ~ Very well written. I have the same feelings, having seen some of my ancient relatives live until they were nothing but sacks of meat. I pray I go quickly without lingering in illness (a heart attack can be a blessing in old age.)

As a strong believer in reincarnation I don't see life as something you have to grasp in a strangle hold when your body is failing. Too many MD's force the body to live through science when the spirit wants to fly free.

Lady with no eyes
Take this death
Into your chrysalis belly,
The magic womb makes life
Come again,
In the rising
Spring morning.
~ Starr Goode

B. ~ wrote: I think we have to honor and respect the wishes of the person who is dying. This happened to me twice with loved ones who told me in advance they were dying and to let them go. I didn't think I could but then realized I was keeping them here for myself and taking away their last major decision which really was not mine to make.
Also, the night my mother died, I thought she had lapsed into speaking in gibberish. Her face was completely relaxed and she looked peaceful. As I leaned closer to her to listen to what she was saying, I realized she was speaking in a very soft, childish voice in Hungarian and that she was speaking to her mother. I thought it was nice that her beloved mother had come to help her cross over to be with her.

Comments:
While reading your Miracle of Prayer article I wept. Yes Dr. Yanez, my family acted just like this with our father. We couldn't stand to be without him and begged a dying man to live in misery, just to have him around us longer. We would never do that again. Thank you for confirming what we learned the hard way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?