Thursday, May 01, 2008

 

Repeating Negative Choices Is A Habit




This is very timely. Author unknown to me. Ruby *o*
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.”
When I received the above quote from a pal, it hit me between the eyes with a truth. I, and many of my own patients, have repeated similar choices and patterns that are negative far too many times not to take notice. So I asked myself why... and the answer is “HABIT!” As we choose our habits, so can we choose to replace them with better choices. One of the major obstacles to this is that we do not speak to ourselves honestly. Looking into the mirror and talking to our eyes is one of my personal tricks, which is why I like the photo of me photographing me in the mirror. It takes real courage to do this process of speaking honestly to one’s self. If a situation, relationship, or other life event(s) is really driving you or me nuts, isn’t it time to deal with it like a brave soldier? I recently had to face some life-altering decisions. It was beyond difficult. So I prayed, went to the mirror and spoke to my eyes from the heart. It forced me to decide on something I did not want to happen and could not help or control. I had been stalling for years on this one and it finally came to a boil. It got resolved, and what I had worried over never even happened. So much for the counselor admitting to fault. Grin :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?