Monday, June 30, 2008

 

WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?


WHAT’S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?

Let’s talk about love. Some people believe that love is sex. Others feel it is material. Still others believe that love is an intangible commitment of loyalty, affection, nurturing, and years of companionship with shared adventures. What do you believe love is? Have you been happy seeking it? Sad? Is love fulfilling for you, or a smack in the face?
I ask these questions because over the years I have been a passionate woman, entertainer, a counselor, a family-oriented person, and a sensitive, caring soul, who searches for answers. Certainly, I do have my own beliefs on this subject.

We seem to get into trouble when love is translated differently in the framework of a relationship. One side says it is their way and the other side declares it as something other. What is the truth for one could actually become a farce for another. Is it worth fighting for when your heart is aching? The answer is
“yes and no!” Yes because if you do not try, you will never know what might have been. No because if it fails, there is a sense of = it is my fault and I did wrong. Or… one can take the offensive and blame the other side of the relationship entirely. The real truth is that neither is 100% right or wrong when a relationship doesn’t work. Expectations of one were not the same as expectations of the other. Your comments will be greatly appreciated. ;)
Dedicated to all those I have cherished, both living and in spirit.
Dr. Ruby Norma Yanez, Ch.t

Comments:
You gave me plenty to think about.
Love is complicated.
anon
 
I have loved and lost. It really hurts. I have loved and won. It really feels great!
Wiser in Hawaii
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?