Thursday, October 09, 2008

 

FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC




For the love of music I have sacrificed, studied, rehearsed, wept, rejoiced, auditioned, and performed with, and in front of, some incredible souls. Many of their names are still famous and yes, I shall periodically drop them for your amusements. ;)

I began in my earliest years with a passionate need for rhythms, singing, dancing, and performing live in front of people. Here I am above, at under three, already dancing and singing on a beach in Rockaway, NY to and for anyone who would listen and watch my baby-antics. I was so cute and innocent that my beloved mother Irene told me I actually drew a crowd. That's my Mom and Grandma Minnie with me. Most of my entire deceased family is in the background. No Afro/Latin rhythm instruments for another two decades, but they happened in a very funny way.... and in my next post, I will tell you all how I became a paid professional by a fateful accident. Having prayed to God until I was becoming a real nag , I finally did a live gig last year and again very recently. Updates to come when I am feeling literate and remember those glorious times.
FYI... Music can heal, excite, encourage, and energize or....... calm, put you to sleep, and help your mind to recall or relive happiness. Use it. It is free medicine.... and the only side effects are happiness.
Anonymous said...
I come from Africa. Music is our soul, our strength, and our salvation. People who live without regular music in their lives are missing a great deal. anon


Comments:
I may have been on that same beach with you many years ago.
Cute photo and I love your story.
anon
 
I come from Africa. Music is our soul, our strength, and our salvation. People who live without regular music in their lives are missing a great deal.
anon
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?