Thursday, February 19, 2009

 

American Meltdown


I am going to print this reply on my blog, but not mention names..... It is a small portion of only one conversation with a trusted and highly intelligent lawyer friend of mine. We are both very concerned for our country and future generations who are to become horribly indebted for a long time to come.... Some of this is about California, but it will not stop there. State/City/Town employees are being axed all over the country now. And many are losing healthcare, pensions, and other things we used to take for granted in America. Especially hard hit are the older, downsized employees who cannot find employment in the land of the free and home of the brave.
Ruby wrote: = Dearest K....,
When I started my Norma's Ark Blog a few years ago, it was in place of seeing an over-priced mind/body doctor for what is going on in America.... and other issues. No one edits me and I have relative freedom to say what I genuinely feel.... up to a point. Blogging is a fabulous way to journal out "STUFF!!!" You can bet I will comment on your lawyer-blog-to-be. Part of what went wrong here is that the American voting SHEEPLE, had their heads in the ground instead of forcing our corrupted government/banks/big businesses into transparancy and ethical, moral business practices. This also happened while the Nazis took over Germany!

And then there's Iraq, and now Afghanistan, which may be another American work of bloody futility and costly, continued, historical mistakes. The pendulum swings back and forth throughout eternity. For now, it is still swinging towards negatives. This has been going on since the earliest known human writings. Humans have patterns and they follow them diligently. I was born at the onset of WW 2. My family = Grandma Minnie, Aunts Lillie and Ruth, and Uncles Lester and Abie when they were on military leave.... had to move in with us.... into a small apartment my parents rented in East Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY. There were no apartments, and all American energy went to the war effort. Trust me it was as crowded as when we discuss ten illegals in a one room apartment.
I remember lying in the crib and watching an army of people always so busy and talking. They banded together for mutual tribal familial survival. My Uncle Hy and Aunt Miriam moved into the apartment just under ours. America's memories of a very high standard of living relative to other countires.... are at best, quite brief in the scope of forever. Let's lighten up and I will send you some funnies. Much love to you in California. Yes, I know how serious it is for your 20,000 soon to be gone government workers. Yes, I know they are sending out vouchers in place of tax refunds. Yes, I know that an FDIC bank closed and you have lost a large sum the government is not paying back. So much for FDIC.
Love ~ Ruby *o* 0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x
Comments: Anonymous said...
OMG and Holy Cow Dr. Yanez! This really hits home. I am losing my ridiculously over-priced California home because I lost my California job. I have four children, a dying wife, and my heart is broken. Anon in L.A.

Comments:
OMG and Holy Cow Dr. Yanez! This really hits home. I am losing my ridiculously over-priced California home because I lost my California job. I have four children, a dying wife, and my heart is broken. Anon in L.A.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?