Thursday, April 08, 2010

 

Meditation


A number of people have asked me how to learn to meditate. Since I do not teach this, I am making my answer public. Of all the people
I ever studied with, the gentle man shown in the photo has been the easiest to learn with. He is ZaChoeje Rinpoche, www.emahofoundation.org
His methods are geared towards Western thinking. I did try using books and tapes, but for me, the in person environment seated in a comfortable chair seems to work best. Each one of us has personal preferences for relaxation and meditation. I suggest seeking out your teacher carefully. Try a few places and teachers. See what works for your mind.
It is important to enjoy the process. When meditation is a labour, it is not effective. When it is joyful, it is effective. Thanks for asking.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?