Friday, October 22, 2010

 

Economic Quote Wrongly Attributed to Abe Lincoln

Sorry, Lincoln did not pen those words....
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/lincoln/prosperity.asp


I still wish I could have known him. ~ Ruby *o*

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.
... Abraham Lincoln

Comments:
Boy do I wish I said that. How true. How wise. So Lincoln didn't state it according to Snopes. But it is still very wise and very true. Am I crazy, or is it getting harder to say the truth in America these days? I am glad you posted this one.
Duke in D.C.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?