Friday, November 26, 2010

 

Thanksgiving 2010 ~ SPECIAL Memory


What a special Thanksgiving I enjoyed this year. With no family nearby anymore, I was prepared to spend it happily with my kitties, and then take a lovely walk around my pretty neighborhood. A dear friend asked if I had plans. With that said, the next thing I knew there was a generous invitation to her enormous forty-person-family-party on the west side of Phoenix.. The people were so genuine and caring for each other, it had me smiling the entire time I was there.
Right before we lined up to eat Thanksgiving dinner, my friend's nephew's parents announced a special honor for him from the US Airforce. Caesar was just in on a brief leave from Iraq. After ten years of loyal service, he was awarded a stunning American flag that had flown over a military area in Iraq, with a certificate honoring his ten years of work. You could just see how this close-knit family held him in prayer all the time he was in grave danger. They hugged often and it made me smile more. The food was yummy, the people were delightful, and I am still smiling a day later. Thank you so much for inviting me. Thank you GOD, so much, for bringing this wonderful young man back safely from a heinous war zone. He will again be deployed to a danger zone very shortly.
I will keep on praying with his parents for Caesar's safety. God Bless America. amen
Love ~ RubyNorma *o*
SOME OF THE MANY COMMENTS:
Anonymous said...
I wish we had been with you. Our family is always at each others' throats. Your Thanksgiving 2010sounds wonderful. So glad you did not remain alone with kitties and had the company of genuinely nice people. Thanks for sharing.Ritchie and Family in HI
4:02 PM

portraitsofanimals said...
That's a wonderful story! I used to think happy families who truly cared about each other were make-believe, but I've been slowly convinced it really does happen.
4:39 PM

Anonymous said...
Thank you for sharing that beautiful treat you enjoyed, and that young man who deserves to
be honored!
SR in Manhattan
6:40 PM

Anonymous said...
Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
JS in AZ
6:41 PM

Comments:
I wish we had been with you. Our family is always at each others' throats. Your Thanksgiving 2010sounds wonderful. So glad you did not remain alone with kitties and had the company of genuinely nice people. Thanks for sharing.
Ritchie and Family in HI
 
That's a wonderful story! I used to think happy families who truly cared about each other were make-believe, but I've been slowly convinced it really does happen.
 
Thank you for sharing that beautiful treat you enjoyed, and that young man who deserves to be honored!
SR in Manhattan
 
Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
JS in AZ
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?