Thursday, January 27, 2011

 

PLEASURES
















What is more beautiful than to see someone at any age smiling with happiness? The little girl is not only adorable to look at, but her pleasure in holding the doll and wearing grandma's shower cap shows on her face.


The graduating girl is so glad she is rid of High School she beams with delight that this part of her education is finally over.


The mature woman is celebrating her 80-something birthday. She has survived most of her siblings, her husband, and many of her aged friends. She is with family and enjoying the party they are giving her. Look at her face. She is happy.


Happiness and pleasures come in many formats. I keep looking for them and enjoying them more now. The reason is that life, at best, is brief. We come here for the smallest amount of time to do whatever it is we are supposed to do, and then we return to the fold. Why not make it as pleasurable as we possibly can, even if life throws us curves? It is too easy to fall into the victim category. I have done it and it is unhealthy. You have done it and it is still unhealthy. Choice to view life negatively is ours. Choice to view life positively is also ours. Which one do you prefer? Which one is your most frequent companion?


I have seen so many of my family, friends, co-workers, and pets depart this earthly existence. Most weren't ready to go. Most would have stayed on here if only they could have. Did they all make the best of their lots? Did they enjoy their brief stay?


I grew up with many who miraculously survived the Nazi Death Camps. These people visited my father constantly and I had to hear all of their stories as a child. It was awful. I would have nightmares remembering what they suffered and how they lost their families. Yet, those who survived, made amazing lives for themselves, in spite of what they endured. They must have known the true value of life and realized that unless they made each second count and be important, that life simply did not have value.

I applaud the courage to face each day and make it the best day you can.

Think about this and let me hear what gives you the most pleasure in your lives? Smiles from and to RubyNorma *o*
Comments: =

The most pleasure in my life? .... easy! My Saviour and my cats! ~ Fiona

I really appreciated these photos and your thoughts and perspective!!! ~ Debbie

Well said.....life doesn't cause us suffering, it's what we think of life that does. ~ Sharon

I just loved this my dear girl, you are so special..
Hugzzzzzzzzz to ya. ~ Sherry


Comments:
The most pleasure in my life? .... easy! My Saviour and my cats! ~ Fiona

I really appreciated these photos and your thoughts and perspective!!! ~ Debbie

Well said.....life doesn't cause us suffering, it's what we think of life that does. ~ Sharon

I just loved this my dear girl, you are so special..
Hugzzzzzzzzz to ya. ~ Sherry
 
Each day is precious to me.
Thank you for reminding us that PLEASURES CAN BE VERY SIMPLE.
anon in Yugoslavia
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?