Tuesday, July 05, 2011

 

MY AMERICA~A PERSONAL REMEMBRANCE~ Part One



















Do I remember America with happiness? A longing in me to recall the better, simpler, easier, safer times in this land, is growing by leaps and bounds. With joy and belonging , I still had living parents and a very large extended family. We always lived near enough to visit often and party for all celebrations together. It's the together part that still mystifies me with a smile. I could ride my Schwinn bright red bicycle in total safety from morning to night and come home, without being attacked or kidnapped by some kind of predator, to an unlocked door. YES, I said an unlocked door. No one locked their door. That came a bit later. I will close PART ONE one on a happy note.

Comment: = OH MY GOD RUBY, yes we remember.Your pals in Brooklyn, NY

Comments:
OH MY GOD RUBY,
yes we remember.
Your pals in Brooklyn, NY
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?