Sunday, October 09, 2011

 

THE LAST BREATH

Ever since MAN began to think, the concept of an after-life has been around. To visually illustrate this notion, I have included a stone door the Ancient Egyptians believed led them to their
after-life. How many times have I held another life-form while it took its last breath? Too many times, in my humble opinion. Yet, it has always imprinted upon me with such a power-filled energy that I am now compelled to write about it for you to ponder.

The very first time I recall being in this kind of spiritual, emotionally charged situation was in a hospital, waiting for my own major surgery. Next to me inside closed curtains, I heard a rustling sound. Something forced me to seek out what was happening. There lay a dying woman all alone sans any family. She spoke to me through her hazed-over, nearly shut eyes and asked telepathically for water. I brought a glass with a straw but she could not move. So I gently held her in my arms and placed the straw in her mouth. Even though she could not speak, her still living mind spoke to me and said "thank you lady." Then she went completely limp in my arms and I saw a greyish vapor come out of the top of her head. It was surreal. Her body weight became lighter in my arms, and I knew she had taken her last breath on Earth.



My entire mind, body, spirit was filled with such a rejoicing on her behalf. The misery of Cancer had left her body and she died with a smile on her lips. This was more than profound. It was a magickal and spiritual connection to life after life. Somehow, I managed to limp slowly over to the nursing desk and tell them. Shortly afterward, they wheeled me into major surgery, with the mind boggling sensation that I had been given a precious gift of eternal knowledge.



It has been many decades since I held this nameless dying woman in my arms. Since then, I have played the shamanic role more times than memory can count. Always, together with the human sadness, comes the spiritual euphoric knowing that they/we move on to another plane of existence.



I wrote this little story for you in honor of my beloved friend Betty, who died yesterday from advanced Lung Cancer. God, Almighty Mind, bless our loved ones, here and in Heavenly Rainbow. Thank you. amen *o*


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?