Wednesday, April 23, 2014

 

FERAL CHILD


This blog is actually about me, my earliest childhood up until age two into approximately age four, and the blatant, barbaric, acceptable medical treatment done to me and my mother when I was born.
Back in The Stone Age in Brooklyn, NY, MOM went into labor. She could not give birth as her pelvis was locked. After 72 hours of hard labor, she died from a heart attack with me still inside her.  Only then did they cut me out of her only to be born dead as well.  After their feeble heroics, I was resuscitated, and MOM was as well. She remained in hospital for seventeen days, nearly died again from Double Pneumonia, and I languished for two complete tortured years.  They dried her breast milk with an injection, as it was considered animal-like to breast feed. At age one, I died in hospital once again.  My birth weight was nine 1/2 pounds, and at age one, I was still the exact same weight as when I was born dead..  The only time I was ever touched was to do nine investigative surgeries, as I was considered terminal baby meat.  No one spoke to me, nor was MOM permitted to even touch me.  There was always a bright light on over my head so they could observe me if I died again.  Such was the stupid ignorance in those days in Brooklyn, NY in the hospital I was born. The last rites were again given to me at age one and the story is, my mother (the only soul who cared to ever visit me), went running hysterical in the hallways of the hospital screaming and out of control.  A doctor stopped her and she told him the story.  It is this man, Dr. Luria, who ultimately saved my life via a book written by Ashley Montague on the necessity of touching all babies, humans and animals, so that they could thrive instead of wither, like me. He gave orders to the hospital nurses, and personally as well, to touch me around the clock in a gentle, stroking manner like a normal mother would do.  It took yet one more year for me to gain enough weight and life-force to be allowed to go home. 

I could not speak, was mostly silent, and had a lot of physical pain from the birth injuries even then.  I knew nothing about social skills, or how to inter-act with people. They created a feral child.  Therefore, no one taught me to forget telepathic communications with people and animals, or many of my past lives.  

Thank GOD we now know better than in those ignorant days how to treat dangerous and life-threatening-births, and that touching, breast-feeding, and communications with a baby is not only normal, but absolutely essential for survival.  

Many decades later, I was stuck in Newark Airport and asked a very handsome elderly gentleman if he'd watch my luggage and I'd bring us both some coffee.  When I returned, he introduced himself to me as Professor Ashley Montague of Princeton University, the very same man who wrote that book entitled TOUCHING!  There were thousands of people in that major international airport and yet, this is who I asked to guard my luggage. What a WOW!!!!!!!!
We spent the entire day together and he taught me great things about global medicine, wisdom, tribal life, and even invited me to attend his lecture that night at The University of Miami.   He had me upgraded to first class on the flight when we finally took off. I could have been his own daughter for the fabulous, loving manner in which he treated me... 
FYI.... The week prior to meeting him, I spent a long time with my niece, Sherri, discussing Ashley Montague.  It was as if I sensed I would be meeting him.  RIP great man and Dr. Luria.  How many lives have you both saved with your compassion and love?  If it is my fate, I pray to again meet them both when I finally do cross over. amen
Dr. RubyNorma Yanez, CH.t *o*

Comments:
As a doctor and gync, this horrendous tale does not surprise me. So sad to read of the suffering you and your mother endured. Some day we will look back at today's medicine as barbaric. FYI... I too met with Ashley Montague. His greatness is still admired by we old timers. Your story is quite remarkable. So is your blog. Doc
 
WOW! RM NY
 
Dr. Ruby...This is what made you into the truly compassionate and talented counselor I know you to be. You helped me when I wanted to die. My family was killed in a car crash. You literally saved my life, Dr. Yanez. I am so sorry to know of the suffering you and your mother went through. Because of your help, I am now a therapist for grief counseling. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love and patience. D
 
You know there is great wisdom to be gleaned from this experience.....and, you my friend are a better person for it! Your love and compassion for others, I am sure, was brought forward due to this incredibly difficult experience,,,,,love to you always
SR in AZ
 
Perhaps all that deprivation and suffering brought you to the special place you are in now to help others?
I wish I was in Arizona to come to you for for counseling. P in Kansas
 
How you survived this devastating medical situation is because GOD had more for you to do. I read your blog and love the spirituality you lovingly put into it. Bishop R
 
Your strength to survive boggles the mind. Glad you made it. What fools to allow your mother to be in hard labor for 72 hours. No wonder she died and had to be brought back. In the time I am guessing you were born in Brooklyn, NY, they were afraid to do C-Sections, as it too was life and death surgery. Dr. M.~OBGYN
 
What an amazing Story!. I am so sorry you had to go through all that. Your spirit was oblivious very strong and you were meant to live through all that torture as was your mom. You have a special purpose and plan for this life and WE are so very lucky to have you on this earth at this time.

Thank you for sharing,
Blessings,
Linda R.

 
What a sad blog today RubyNorma:( Glad you are a hearty soul!
Deb D.
 
Hi Ruby,
Thank you so much for sharing your story with me, your readers & friends. This is really an eye opener indeed.Believe it or not,here in Australia, women are thrown out of restaurants,busses and many other places for daring to naturally breastfeed their babies.
Nick M. in Melbourne, Australia
 
What a moving story, Ruby. I had no idea you had been through so much at birth. Thank you for sharing this!

Love,
Chris

 
And yet, you turned out to be an amazing woman! I am happy to call you my friend!

K

 
What a story! I would have thought anyone in their right mind or with the slightest bit of compassion in their nature couldn't help but want to hold and comfort a baby or little child. Prohibited? Those people should have been lined up and shot!
Nippee in AZ
 
We, as a family, read your book "SMILES AND MIRACLES." No doubt that your Karma pushed you & your mother back here for life learnings.
Blessed Be Dr. Yanez.
Aurora and Family
 
At least this medical debacle had a living ending. I would say that those responsible for the horrendous treatment of both you and your MOM are not even human, let alone doctors. There was no excuse for this treatment. And yes, they should have performed the C-section many many hours earlier, even though it was considered a dangerous procedure in those days.
Dr. V in NJ
 
Did you have long-lasting health problems from the birth injuries? Oh my what a story. An RN in America
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?