Sunday, August 28, 2016

 

STAYCATION

 
How many of you can guess what a STAYCATION IS
:-)  For me it is the following:  The Mind/Body declares in very clear terms that it wants to rest and not pay attention to outside or global issues.  In addition, it wants peace and lots of rest.  For many years now, I am listening to this request by remaining quietly, AND VERY INTENTIONALLY at home.  I leave the TV and do sleep therapy.  In other words, I choose to sleep when it feels good, not by a clock.  Eating is the same.  The phone can be answered by the service, and the mail will have to wait a bit.  Meditation is very important.  In fact it is integral to this medical relaxation adventure.  For some reason my pets really do understand and also relax.  They enjoy STAYCATING NEAR ME, especially on the bed or couch....
OF COURSE THEY ARE WELL FED, WATERED, AND LOVED
At some reasonable point, it is time to get back to that other world.  That's the world of what some refer to as "real life."
Perhaps real life is what we intentionally choose to have around us?  At least a STAYCATION is a tranquil rest area for renewal.
It is referred to by me as "my heavenly safe space."  What do you do when the world's events become a bit too much for you to handle?   Thanks in advance for those who comment.
A Relaxed RubyNorma *o*
STAYCATION CREATED BY JB 
 

Comments:
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I do that a lot too. EM
 
What you do sounds like an excellent solution, RubyNorma. I just try and ignore the bad things that are going on in this world of ours......just for a while anyway. Unless you cut off completely though, it's very hard to get away from reports about Brexit, immigration, American politics etc etc. I think you have the right idea.

Gordon

 
Very nice Good writing! Val
 
I say you should staycate for as long as is necessary. John
 
We make our own hell and heaven right here with how we live our lives.
 
It is a healthy practice. We must be " in the world but not of the world". Otherwise we will be robbed of our joy for sure!
Deb

 
Lovely words, RubyNorma and I send a virtual hug right back to you.

Gordon

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?